Forum

Clan permissions

Irek
Irek

FounderPosts: 2

So I ran into a problem. After becoming a clan member, I can no longer delete structures of my own creation , outside of the flagged zone, as my rank is too low. Not only that, half my base is now clan owned and the other is not. This is a feature ripe for exploit. At any moment the clan could kick me and take half of my hard work. Clans can recruit, let people work and then boot them. 

What's more concerning is that this is area outside of the flagged zone and of my own creation. Permissions over structures outside of clans flag, created by said player should have full ownership in addition to the higher ups in the clan. They can modify my work and I can modify my work. The unable to delete/modify feature would still be in effect on structures I did not create. Thus, I would not be able to delete fellow clan members structures throughout the map at my given rank. While I know this can be solved by ranking up, it does not solve the problem. 

Please implement a feature that any player created structure belongs to them and the clan with full permissions as long as its outside the flag. If I build something in the flagged zone, I don't expect to have ownership. If I made it, outside the flagged area, I should be able to destroy/modify it. Essentially, I cannot do any modifications ever without a higher up from the clan to delete mistakes and move things. This destroys the appeal of the sandbox feature and is ripe for exploit and griefing. 

PS. Loving the game so far. I have been playing non-stop. 

Post was edited on 29 Oct 2020, 07:59
29 Oct 2020, 07:54Reply
Royall
Royall

Game MasterPosts: 296
Irek said:

So I ran into a problem. After becoming a clan member, I can no longer delete structures of my own creation , outside of the flagged zone, as my rank is too low. Not only that, half my base is now clan owned and the other is not. This is a feature ripe for exploit. At any moment the clan could kick me and take half of my hard work. Clans can recruit, let people work and then boot them. 

What's more concerning is that this is area outside of the flagged zone and of my own creation. Permissions over structures outside of clans flag, created by said player should have full ownership in addition to the higher ups in the clan. They can modify my work and I can modify my work. The unable to delete/modify feature would still be in effect on structures I did not create. Thus, I would not be able to delete fellow clan members structures throughout the map at my given rank. While I know this can be solved by ranking up, it does not solve the problem. 

Please implement a feature that any player created structure belongs to them and the clan with full permissions as long as its outside the flag. If I build something in the flagged zone, I don't expect to have ownership. If I made it, outside the flagged area, I should be able to destroy/modify it. Essentially, I cannot do any modifications ever without a higher up from the clan to delete mistakes and move things. This destroys the appeal of the sandbox feature and is ripe for exploit and griefing. 

This is really interesting and makes sense. The clan/personal ownership system is actually kinda new and requires some tweaking still.

The thing is most clans don't even have a flag as you are not forced to have one. It's basically an easy way to mark territory that won't allow other clans to build nearby.

How would you see the following scenario:

Let's say a few players build a village while in a clan but they don't have a flag. One of the clan members decides to leave. Would that mean that the objects in the village build by that clan member should now become personal owned?

30 Oct 2020, 10:29Reply
Irek
Irek

FounderPosts: 2
Royall said:
Irek said:

This is really interesting and makes sense. The clan/personal ownership system is actually kinda new and requires some tweaking still.

The thing is most clans don't even have a flag as you are not forced to have one. It's basically an easy way to mark territory that won't allow other clans to build nearby.

How would you see the following scenario:

Let's say a few players build a village while in a clan but they don't have a flag. One of the clan members decides to leave. Would that mean that the objects in the village build by that clan member should now become personal owned?

This is a good question and in fact one that I was discussing with a fellow member. To be honest, if there is no flag or community law established in regards to permission, nothing should stop the player from taking what belongs to them. Its not a community or city but simply people putting down houses near one another. They own their houses, why should they not be allowed to demolish or remove what belongs to them. However, for game sake, if a community standard is established, then the land should be owned by said clan and any structures placed upon said land shall belong to the clan. This would prevent one person from builiding half the city and taking it with them. But it would also prevent clans from using players as laborers and then booting them. But again, if outside the flag, they built it, they should be able to remove or change it at their whim as it does not fall within the guidelines of the city/land controlled by their clan. Essentially the flag area is a property line for the clan. 

To look at your scenario differently: 

Let's say clan members decide to randomly boot a player in order to acquire his/her possessions. They simply let them work for months then just expel him/her without cause. Everything that player made, gathered anywhere on the map would just be gone. How does that sound to any player, knowing at anytime they can be booted and left with nothing, for no reason. Provides a leverage for clan leaders and officers to mistreat and extort lower ranks as any item anywhere on the map now belongs to the clan. Your scenario above can be circumvented by allowing leaving players to sell their items to those staying behind in the non-fagged community. 

Placement of the flag comes with concession that if one decides to leave or is expelled from the kingdom, they forfeit anything within the zone. It also comes with the benefit of a community play style and protection. However, if the player happens to have another base in the wilderness, one they built on their own, this should not fall under the clans influence. Why should the US based bank be able to repossess both my US and my Japanese home, given the Japanese home does not fall under their jurisdiction. I hope that analogy makes sense. 

31 Oct 2020, 02:20Reply
Follow SamuTale
SamuTale YouTube SamuTale Discord SamuTale Facebook SamuTale Twitter SamuTale Instagram