Forum

Open World PvP

Aknot
Aknot

Is there a definitive place I can read up on how PvP is going to go? Wife and I are not a fan of "forced" PvP at all. Shes a long time WoW player and Im a retired (gah Pandas) day oner. We are trying to find a game that will appeal to both of us. Thanks!

11 Oct 2020, 12:27Reply
Royall
Royall

Game MasterPosts: 287
Aknot said:

Is there a definitive place I can read up on how PvP is going to go? Wife and I are not a fan of "forced" PvP at all. Shes a long time WoW player and Im a retired (gah Pandas) day oner. We are trying to find a game that will appeal to both of us. Thanks!

Hi Aknot, welcome to the community!

We are still shaping the PvP system and we don't know yet how it will look like in the future, unfortunately.
We are thinking about some penalty system and/or maybe offline protection. We are just not sure yet.

As of now, it's free PvP except the main hub "Okura Trading Post" which is a safe zone to hang out and trade.

11 Oct 2020, 16:46Reply
SamuRye
SamuRye

FounderPosts: 7

Hi Royall, just had a thought on this given the sneak peek into the newest patch you're working on. What if players could "hire" bodyguards to look after their base? NPC characters that act like bears as far as aggro and will run back to guard base once threat is out of range. The amount of NPC characters a base can have can be determined by how many land flags they have, and players could outfit them with weapons/gear to protect the base. The bodyguard cost could even be "baked into" the land flag costs - either as part of land flags or an additional "game money" fee.

14 Oct 2020, 13:49Reply
ByakuyaPL
ByakuyaPL

FounderPosts: 43
SamuRye said:

Hi Royall, just had a thought on this given the sneak peek into the newest patch you're working on. What if players could "hire" bodyguards to look after their base? NPC characters that act like bears as far as aggro and will run back to guard base once threat is out of range. The amount of NPC characters a base can have can be determined by how many land flags they have, and players could outfit them with weapons/gear to protect the base. The bodyguard cost could even be "baked into" the land flag costs - either as part of land flags or an additional "game money" fee.

Add automatic watchtower attacking enemy clans :) for offline defense :)

14 Oct 2020, 18:17Reply
SamuRye
SamuRye

FounderPosts: 7
ByakuyaPL said:
SamuRye said:

Add automatic watchtower attacking enemy clans :) for offline defense :)

Was thinking that originally, but then watchtowers would be OP. Makes more sense to have guards (even on watchtowers with arrows) that defend the base - needs to be balanced where clans could overtake the base but strong enough to require strategy to beat.

14 Oct 2020, 21:22Reply
karikitten
karikitten

FounderPosts: 1

Crap!  The little bit of video I watched on YT before jumping in and buying I had no clue there would be PVP in this cute little game.  Now I want my money back....

17 Oct 2020, 02:19Reply
Follow SamuTale
SamuTale YouTube SamuTale Discord SamuTale Facebook SamuTale Twitter SamuTale Instagram