Forum

Many suggestions and tips

massimot
massimot

Dear Royall,

Thank you for working on the game, it's good to see that the game is still progressing! The game is really easy to start with as a beginner. And I really like the music! Please find below some random ideas and suggestions that I came across while playing the free demo this month.

General non-game related stuff

• Please always offer the free trial for anyone. More people = more engagement = more bug reports :)  Of course, you can decide to limit the player's level, the profession levels and prevent free users from joining a clan.
  • Why do I have to fill in my password every time I launch the game?

General game stuff

• Some places are very desolated (no trees & stones) so it makes that region very 'boring' and 'unuseful'. Perhaps you can add some more vegetation there
  • Why is my horse able to swim? Pretty unrealistic. It would make horses also slightly less OP
  • Add rain
  • Add fall damage for falling from large heights
  • Add an option for sorting the content in crates

Scenery

• Your character cuts a tree at a particular height, but the tree animation (when the tree falls down) is cut off at another height.
  • A falling tree is seomtimes acting too much like a bouncing ball.
  • The tree textures are very nice, but the bark of the tree is a bit plain/mono-colour. Perhaps you can add some variation
  • I saw trees with green leaves in the ice part of the world. That is not a real problem, but you should add snow on the leaves!
  • A fallen tree is removed within +-10 seconds and the part of the tree that still remains in the ground disappears in +- 20 seconds. It would be cooler if you could also 'loot' this part of the tree (and that the fallen tree & last part don't disappear without you cleaning it up)
  • If a tree falls unto you, you should get damage
  • Add bushes which you cannot pass through
  • Add a 'desert' biome with cacti and scorpions!
  • Add a 'savannah' biome with acacia trees, lions, elephants and herds of antelopes

Farming & Food

• Plowed land is very recognisable, but is a little odd compared to the other graphics
  • Obtaining food is very easy compared to the rest of the game. Perhaps you can drain the 'food' bar a little quicker?
  • The food bar may drain quicker while being in the snow biome
  • The probability of getting seeds from bushes is too high
  • The probability of getting back seeds from farming is too high (now 100%)
  • Do my vegetables grow at night? That's weird.
  • Can you grow vegetables in the snow biome? I hope not :)
  • Why do I get farming points for sowing seeds but not for harvesting?
  • Add fruit trees

Fishing

• If you are fishing, and you want to pull back the fishing line, there is no animation. It looks pretty strange to me.
  • Make fishing more engaging. For example, I went fishing in the ocean and there was not a single fish?
  • Make boats, such that you can fish from your boat

Minimap

• Make the minimap in the top-right and the general map under M blind, until you visit that particular place. That makes exploring much more fun
  • Let the minimap distinguish between particular biomes more clearly
  • Add flags to the map

Animals

• It would be nice to tame rabbits
  • You can also add pheasants that can be tamed
  • Let wild animals eat your crops (can be protected by a fence)

I might add more while playing. Keep up the good work!

Post was edited on 10 Oct 2020, 14:16
09 Oct 2020, 13:19Reply
kitsunedawn
kitsunedawn

FounderPosts: 2

"Why is my horse able to swim? Pretty unrealistic. It would make horses also slightly less OP"

https://lajollamom.com/swimming-horses-tour-grand-cayman/

Because riding swimming horses is actually a thing?

07 Nov 2020, 17:05Reply
Follow SamuTale
SamuTale YouTube SamuTale Discord SamuTale Facebook SamuTale Twitter SamuTale Instagram